The CompTIA Linux+ certification, powered by LPI, is your onramp to a range of careers. It offers a framework for acquiring working knowledge of Linux for IT professionals working as junior-level system administrators, as well as those working in Web and software development. Linux is an essential skill for working in a variety of job roles in Web, systems and network administration.
Linux is everywhere in IT – it powers most of the world’s supercomputers and a vast majority of Web servers, not to mention tens of millions of Android devices. It
- Sets you apart from your competition
- Certified professionals earn more than uncertified peers
- The 3-for-1 certification deal
- Vendor-neutral and distribution-agnostic
- Junior Linux administrator
- Junior network administrator
- Systems administrator
- Linux database administrator
- Web administrator
CompTIA regularly reviews its certifications to make sure they meet the needs of the IT industry. Updates to Linux+ reflect changes in the core Linux technologies and processes used by systems administrators. Changes made from the LX0-101, 102 series to the LX0-103, 104 series include the addition of commands that support IT developments such as IPv6 (e.g., netcat and ping6) and new boot processes (e.g., systemd). Changes also reflect updates made that provide for greater security (e.g., rsyslog).
By completing the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI certification, you can also automatically receive the LPI LPIC-1 and the SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) certifications. Earn three industry-recognized certifications for the cost, time, and effort of one! How:
- Obtain an LPI ID.
- Once you have passed both Linux+ exams, log into your CompTIA certification account, choose ‘Demographics’, then ‘Settings’. On the Settings page check the box to have your information forwarded to LPI, then click Submit
- Upon receipt of your LPIC-1 apply online for your SUSE CLA.
Please note that the "3-in-1" process is not reciprocal (i.e. you can't do it the other way round) and is not available in Japan.