Network+ is an ISO-17024 compliant, vendor-neutral technology certification that verifies the certified individual has the skills and knowledge needed to take on a pivotal role in building, managing, and protecting the critical asset that is the data network.
- Recommended as a first professional-level networking certification
- Held by nearly half a million people worldwide
- 12% job growth expected for Network & Computer Systems Administrators (2012 – 2022, according to the BLS
- The leading vendor-neutral, globally-recognized networking certification
- ISO 17025 compliant
- Fulfills US DoD Directive 8570.01-M
- Network Administrator
- Network Technician
- Network Installer
- Help Desk Technician
- IT Cable Installer
A new version of Network+ (N10-006) will launch on February 28, 2015. The new exam has been updated to reflect the current thinking of industry professionals as well as to reflect technologies used today, with a greater emphasis on practical knowledge, especially how to identify and use elements of a network infrastructure. Significant changes include:
- Additional IPv6 concepts.
- Emphasis on troubleshooting.
- Additional security knowledge.
- Knowledge of how to administer key systems.
The main differences between CompTIA Network+ N10-005 and Network+ N10-006 are the following:
- Updated terms and technologies in the IT networking field.
- More hands-on experiences such as installing, configuring, implementing, managing and troubleshooting.
- Three new topics:
- Compare and contrast physical security controls.
- Summarize basic forensic concepts.
- Summarize safety practices.
Companies such as Dell, HP, Ricoh, Sharp and Xerox recommend or require CompTIA Network+ for their networking technicians. It is also a technical prerequisite option for IT technicians seeking to join the Apple Consultants Network, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense.
The CompTIA Network+ce program is included in the scope of this accreditation, and may be kept current through the CompTIA Continuing Education program.