Foundation in Travel and Tourism
Build your leadership skills and industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard Manage Mentor.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Create efficient travel itineraries and reservations using geography skills and standard industry coding.
- Advise customers about travel document and health requirements, travel insurance, transportation and tourism products and services
- Price and ticket basic air itineraries
- Lead and spark innovation, secure strong teams, and drive business success.
- Plan and manage business processes such as accounting and finance, writing business cases, measuring performance, coaching, marketing and customer loyalty.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel business front-line and back office staff members, supervisors, managers and administrators, travel agencies and tour operators
- Airline front-line and back office staff members, supervisors, managers and administrators
- Marketing and sales representatives, managers and administrators of tourism offices
- General sales agent and call centre agents, supervisors and managers
- The travel and tourism industry and the travel professional
- Geography in travel planning
- Travel documents and departure formalities
- Travel and tourism products and services
- Air fares, ticketing and GDS functionality
- Have access to over 40 Harvard Manage Mentor modules
You will receive a printed study kit by courier delivery. The study kit includes a CD-ROM with the following minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.