Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure (70-643)
SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 27 credits.
This Skills Programme is occupationally based and when successfully completed, will constitute credits towards the abovementioned qualification registered on the NQF.
This Skills Programme will enable learners to have the expertise to confidently evaluate, design, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008 solutions. It also allows learners to demonstrate their ability to use new features, including Web tools, virtualization technologies, security enhancements and management utilities.
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
The programme duration is 103 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Y2K campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- On successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be "Competent" in the PoE, the learner will receive a Y2K letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International exams, the learner will receive a Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure (MCITP) (70-643) Certificate for international recognition.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator