Windows Server Enterprise Administration (70-647)
SAQA ID: Part of 48573, Level 5 (22 credits)
This Skills Programme is occupationally based and when successfully completed, will constitute credits towards the abovementioned qualification registered on the NQF.
In this Skills Programme, learners will be earning a certificate which shows that they have the expertise to confidently evaluate, design, maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008 solutions. It will also allow the learner to demonstrate his/her ability to use new features, including Web tools, virtualisation technologies, security enhancements and management utilities
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
The programme duration is 84 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Y2K campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- On successful completion of the programme, and if the learner is found to be "Competent" in the PoE, the learner will receive a Y2K letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International exams, the learner will receive a Windows Server Enterprise Administration (MCITP) (70-647) Certificate for International recognition.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator