Network Technologies (N+ Preparation) PC Support
SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification. This Skills Programme is occupationally based and when successfully completed, will constitute credits towards the abovementioned qualification registered on the NQF.
This Skills Programme is designed for learners who would enjoy the networking environment. It would also expose learners to networking, troubleshooting and implementation of networks.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)/A+ Certification
The programme duration is 76 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, do research and self-study. Each Y2K campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Y2K letter of results outlining the outcomes covered and Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the outcomes covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external International exams, the learner will receive a CompTIA N+ Certificate (International recognition).
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician