IATA Electronic Airwaybill (e-AWB)
This training is designed for staff of Airlines and freight forwarders, intending to adopt e-AWB at countries where MP4 or MC99 has been signed and local customs has e-Customs modernization program in place as well as another stakeholders - Shippers, Export & Import customs, Ground handling agents (GHA) and Customs agents/brokers.
- Acquire necessary knowledge of implementation of e-AWB, core concepts and terminology.
- Use the technology supporting e-AWB and understand how Standardized messages facilitate communication between the shipper/freight forwarder, carrier and other interested parties.
- Understand the necessary steps that carriers and shippers/freight forwarders are required to follow in order to successfully adopt e-AWB.
- Facilitate the steps for implementing e-AWB and ensure that access to resources that will help your organization are in this are available.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Definition of "e-AWB", describtion of the importance of e-AWB to the Cargo Industry and link between e-freight and e-AWB
- Identification of the electronic cargo messages for e-AWB and their specific functions
- Functional specifications for the e-AWB and the steps required to create an e-AWB agreement
- The process of implementing e-AWB for airlines and freight forwarders
All candidates will be given three attempts to successfully complete the exam at the end of the course. An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher
NOTE:This course if offered in the following formats: 1. Textbook. Candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format.