Live Animals Regulations (DL)
Use IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual to ship live animals safely and to comply with standards.
- Satisfy compliance standards and master the use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air.
- Review and discuss special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Airlines and cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
This course is recommended for:
- Proper use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Completion of the Shipper's Certification for Live Animals, the Notification to Captain (NOTOC) and CITES documentation
- Shippers and airlines responsibilities
- Classification and identification of live animals
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for live animal shipments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
NOTE:This course if offered in the following formats: 1. Textbook. Candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format.