Systems development (Computer Programming Specialist)
FULL TIME. Qualification: NC:ITSysDevComPrgSp (MICTS) SAQA ID 48872 NQF 5
This is an accredited NQF programme with MICT SETA
The National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Development is designed to provide learners with an undergraduate entry into the field of Information Communication and Computer Sciences, specialising in the Systems Development area. Learners will have a solid understanding of computer industry concepts and the ability to work in areas of Systems Development with intermediate technical complexity. Learners will learn how to create software solutions using popular software development tools, technologies, platforms, internet architectures and databases.
- Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a personal computer competently
1 year full-time study according to certificate requirements.
- Upon successful completion of the whole programme, i.e. competence achieved in the summative assessments, the successful completion of the WIL component, and provided the learner's PoE is found competent, the learner will receive a Y2K Results Letter outlining the unit standards covered.
- Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on the learner's behalf for the National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Development, SAQA ID 48872, NQF level 5, 131 credits to be awarded.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external examinations modules, the learner will receive MCDBA, MS.NET, PMI, SCJA and SCJP Certification at the learner's own cost.
With this qualification, learners could pursue a career as a:
- System Developer/Internet and Web Designer
- Computer Programmer
- Database Administrator
- Software Project Manager